** Sorry about the quality of the pics. Not that I was the best photographer before but I lost my camera cord in the move and had to take all of these pictures with a cell phone.**
Saturday, October 29, 2011
Wednesday, October 26, 2011
We were having some friends over for a little festive fall gathering this past weekend and since I now have a backyard, I wanted to fulfill my lifelong dream of sitting with friends on hay bales, around a bonfire, drinking wine.. like they do in the movies (granted, I feel like this is how all Horror movies start but it still looks like they are having a good time, you know, before they are hunted down by a crazed lunatic).
And apparently, I'm not the only one with this dream :)
(Note: I just had to say that not only does he love his PetSmart Fall Sweater but he was super excited for the Hay Bale Photo Shoot, so I don't want any emails about how I tortured my dog by dressing him up and making him pose for pictures. He LOVES it... well maybe not loves it.. but he sure loves the treats I give him afterwards!!) Since it is absolutely outrageous to sit by a fire and NOT eat S'mores, I made some goodie bags so everyone could enjoy a little fireside treat.
Friday, October 7, 2011
Sooooo, I spent my morning perusing Etsy for things that I would purchase if I actually had some extra money, you know, just laying around. It was awesome. However, since I spent all of it on tile, paint and a functioning toilet (granted our upstairs toilet works just fine, I just have to manually push the plunger back down so it fills the tank back up with water.. no big deal....oh and it's red...with an owl on it), my credit card must stay in my wallet. Below are some items that I fell in love with and hopefully, some of you might find them adorable as well. That way, you can purchase them and then let me borrow them! Kidding :) Kind of...
- Wire Wrapped Earrings... Perfect for any weddings or a sophisticated date nights out.
- I find Feather Earrings to be super cute for Fall and I really want a pair... Although, there were a couple more styles that I liked from this person but she isn't really wearing a shirt in those photos and well, that's just a little awkward.
- I'm not sure if it is a real thing but I definitely going through some sort of skull phase. It could be that Halloween is quickly approaching but I am seeing earrings/purses/scarves with skulls on them and snatching them up. So naturally, these Day of the Dead Earrings would be amazing... Oh, and these as well. I'm not sure if one can have too many pairs of skull earrings... ask me in December.
- My forementioned skull scarf would look AMAZING tied onto this leather handbag. One should always purchase a $200 leather bag to accompany a $9 scarf, yes?
- I'm pretty sure I wouldn't be able to borrow this Love Birds Necklace from anyone I know (I really did a complete scan of all friends and couldn't come up with any S and J's... sad face) however, this would make a wonderful gift.. hint, hint, wink, wink, wink...
- Clearly this coat is amazing. I would need to start wearing fluffy, short dresses though... hmmmm defintely worth it.
- The super artsy posing by the elephant is throwing me off but I think this poncho would be adorable with jeans and some sassy riding boots (I might have gotten distracted by something and wandered over to Zappos for a bit).
- Maybe it's because it comes in orange or maybe it's because I've been watching too much Gossip Girl.. No idea why but I really want a cape like this.