Tuesday, February 15, 2011

An Actual Beer Float


One day, I will come up with a brilliant idea like this.  Until then, I will scam them off my friends and pretend like they are my own creation.  I heard about this from my beer loving boyfriend, who heard about it from our friend Bobby, who heard about it from a buddy…you get the idea.  Now, it was suggested that one could enjoy An Actual Beer Float by combining Peach Lambic and vanilla ice cream.  Upon hearing this, my eyes literally popped out of my head, because this was, by far, the best dessert idea that I’d heard about in a very long time. 

Although we were unable to locate the Peach Lambic at our local Whole Foods, we decided to try this little combo with Saint Louis Kriek (Cherry), which was particularly festive for our Valentine’s Day dessert because the red beer turned pink once poured over the ice cream.  Adorable!!  Still, I can’t get over how delicious it was, especially doused with a little hot fudge.  What?  You say that’s crazy?  I did too until I tried it.  Again, I wish it was my idea!  Ugh, one day I’ll have one of those…

Cost: It was a little on the pricey side because the beer and ice cream came in around $11.00 but it was Valentine’s Day, so I didn’t feel too guilty about the splurge.  So, whenever you want to enjoy this delicious treat just make up a special occasion… Like, it is a TUESDAY!  Weeeeee!! 

I feel like there are so many more options to try, which is an exciting adventure that I will gladly embark upon!!  My mission: to find out which beers make the BEST Beer Float!!  We’ve already tested the Saint Louis Kriek, so now we will move to the ones next on the docket:



I’ll keep you posted…  and let you know which one is the best.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...