Friday, April 13, 2012

The Weber

I would have to say that this experience is on the same level as the birth of your first child. The emotions that rush through you when you bring home and unwrap that little bundle of joy. Eagerly watching the maturation as time passes on; as winters fade away to springs and summers to fall. The overwhelming feeling of unconditional love that washes over you when, at first glance, you realize you can love something THIS much. You know what I'm talking about... those feelings you get when you purchase your very first Weber Gas Grill.
 It was so exciting unpacking and assembling this brazen little beauty.  I didn't realized I was so amped about up this thing until I was asked, "are you still talking about grills?" Yes, as a matter of fact I am!  I'm in awe, and possibly obsessed, by the amount of food possibilities that seem to have opened up by having a gas grill. Up until this point, our house was an all-charcoal-house and I became seriously reluctant every time I realized that if I wanted to grill something, I had to get the coals, heat them up, wait 30 minutes, blah, blah, blah, work, work, work...Ugh, so much time wasted!!
But the Weber, oh the Weber, with your beautiful, individual electronic ignition and your 3 stainless steel burners with 38,000 BTU-per-hour input... AMAZING!!
We thought we would welcome the lovely new addition to our family by coming up with an entire dinner menu that can be done via grilling. Below, is what we came up with and I have to say, it was a mighty fine way to inaugurate The Weber (yes, capital T, The. If The Ohio State can do it, so can my grill!).
For the salad portion, we started off with a little Grilled Romaine with a Blue Cheese and Bacon Vinaigrette. Instead of cooking the bacon in a pan, we cooked it on the grill (need to get those porcelain-enameled Flavorizer® bars seasoned somehow, right?).  Next, we grilled the fattiest thing we could think of, some good ol' fashioned burgers. Normally, I go for the lean beef or even a turkey/chicken mix but for the sake of those Flavorizer® bars, I bit the bullet and got the 75/25 ground beef.  We didn't put anything fancy on them, just a little ketchup, mustard and Merkts Cheese. 
For dessert, we followed this recipe and whipped up some AMAZINGLY delicious Grilled Peaches. Granted, we had to veer away from the "everything on the grill" philosophy for a moment... but it was well worth it.   You know, it's well balanced meals like these that let you know that summer is on its way :)  So, all I have to say is... let the grilling adventures begin!!     

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...